Saturday, February 9, 2019
811 S Main St, Gainesville, FL 32601
The mission of TEDxGainesville is to inspire courageous conversations that open minds and transform the Greater Gainesville community. Participants will have the opportunity to be immersed in both live and video presentations, and to participate in facilitated discussion sessions that will take place in open social spaces. Live presentations will consist of some of the most inspirational speakers and performers from the Gainesville area. While the event is limited to 100 participants, the presentations will be broadcast in real-time in the nearby Depot Park area to encourage community involvement.
Courageous Conversations is conceptualized along four themes:
- P2P – Person to Person Conversations. The P2P theme challenges us to begin the difficult, often uncomfortable, conversations that might occur between two people or a small group people.
- Societal Conversations: The societal conversations theme brings to light issues that highlight inequities in our world and present innovative solutions.
- Innovative Conversations. The innovation theme envisions conversations that challenge us to think about something in a different and new way.
- Breakthrough Conversations. This theme invites speakers to challenge us to engage in conversations that tackle novel ideas.
We are looking for ideas that
- inspire and invite conversations
- challenge our conceptions of what is possible
- expose us to cutting edge ideas and solutions
- reflect new voices that may not have been heard before
- represent diverse speakers by demographic, ethnicity, background and/or topic
We will reject ideas that
- vague or underdeveloped or unsupported by data
- purely motivation or personal in nature
- already ubiquitous
- are motivated by or seek to promote corporate, political, or religious agendas
Interested? We invite you to apply as a speaker or performer. Applications will be accepted through Friday, December 14, 2018. Please follow the link to the survey below.